FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Travelling to Tanzania
A: Yes, you will need a tourist visa to enter Tanzania unless you are travelling from one of the exempt countries which can be found online here. Visas can be obtained online through www.immigration.go.tz or alternatively from the embassy or high commission before you travel. Travellers will also be able to obtain a visa at any point of entry (airports and land borders) on arrival, however you will need to ensure that you have sufficient blank pages in your passport (minimum two) and proof of your return journey. Please note, that online visa applications can take up to three weeks, so please apply in good time.
A: Tanzania has three major International airports that you can fly to from anywhere in the world. Below, is a list of all the major airlines that fly to and from each airport. Alternatively, you can fly into Nairobi International Airport in Kenya and connect via a local flight to Kilimanjaro, Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar airport by either Ethiopia Airways or Kenya Airways.
Our travel experts are available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding flights in and out of Tanzania.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
KLM, Condor, Turkish Airlines, Kenya Airways, Precision Air, Qatar Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, Air Tanzania, RwandAir.
- Dar Es Salaam International Airport
Ethiopian Airlines, KLM, Emirates, British Airways, South African Airways, Qatar Airways, Air France, Lufthansa, Continental Airlines, Delta, American Airlines, Air Zimbabwe, Air Malawi, Swiss Air, Egypt Air.
Zanzibar International Airport Precision Air, Kenya Airways, Condor, Fly 540, Ethiopian airlines, KLM, Eurofly, Kitty Hawk, Emirates, Etihad Airways, EgyptAir, RwandAir, Turkish Airlines, Oman Air, Air Mauritius, Qatar Airways, SWISS, South African Airways.
Domestic Airlines in Tanzania and Kenya
Regional Air, Precision Air, Coastal Air, Zan Air, Air Excel
What to pack for your safari
A: Generally, we recommend wearing relaxed and practical clothing that you will be comfortable in while out on long game drives. We also suggest bringing some warm layers as temperatures can vary a lot from day to night. For shoes, we recommend wearing sturdy trainers or walking boots.
We also suggest wearing neutral coloured clothing, avoiding dark or bright colours that will stand out.
Guides and Vehicles
A: All of our 4-wheel drives are fully customised and designed to the highest specification to ensure your comfort while travelling. Including:
- Lower seats for prime safari viewing
- Every seat is a window seat and capacity is limited to 6 people
- Charging facilities for phones and cameras
- First aid kit
- Fully equipped fridges and cooler boxes
- Pop up roof
A: Yes, all of our guides are bilingual and speak fluent English, as well as other languages including but not limited to French, Italian, German and Spanish.
A: As part of our commitment to quality, we only employ the best safari guides and drivers.
- Each of our guides are experts in wildlife tracking, with many having professionally trained at the Mweka Wildlife College.
- Our enhanced recruitment process ensures we only employ those who have a passion for nature and conservation and closely align with our core brand values
- Each of our team are experts in customer service, ensuring your trip goes smoothly from start to finish
- Each of our safari guides have over 10 years industry experience
Bookings and cancellations
A: For your convenience, we offer online payment options.
Once you choose your payment method, you will be re-routed from our website to a secure third party environment, where you can complete your payment in just a few easy steps. To ensure prompt allocation of funds to your booking, please complete the booking reference fields where requested. Alternatively, guests can also choose to pay via direct bank transfer.
• Bank Name: CRDB BANK PLC TANZANIA
• Bank address: P.O.Box 268, Arusha
• Branch: Arusha, Tanzania
• Swift code: CORUTZTZ
• Beneficiary: Africa Reserves Safaris Limited, A/C: 0250 496042300
Bookings to be confirmed once your 30% deposit has been processed. The remaining balance of your trip will need to be paid 45 days prior to your arrival. Any bookings made within 45 days of your trip will need to be paid in full .
A: Should you decide to cancel your safari with us, our flexible cancellation policy is as outlined below:
- Amend your booking up to 90 days prior to arrival without any fees.
- Cancel free of charge with a full refund up to 120 days prior to arrival date, when travelling a year ahead.
- For any trips planned ahead of 2024 and 2025, please contact our team on email@example.com so that we can help you plan ahead with ease and flexibility.